It was a terrific event and brought together undergrad and grad students, alums, faculty, and staff to hear from outstanding female professionals, including the Keynote Speaker, Susan C. Hammond.
Our Undergraduate Dean, Dr. Linda Shea, had opening remarks, which set the wonderful tone for the day.
There was also a panel this morning of 4 Target employees. Target was one of the sponsors.
I very much enjoyed the morning session on Lean In and it was great to see former students, one of whom, Christina Calvaneso, drove up this morning from NYC.
I took copious notes and enjoyed the sharing of professional stories and pearls of wisdom.
Some of my favorites:
- Define your own success;
- Don't undervalue yourself and others;
- Write thank you notes;
- Look for mentors and use them;
- Don't work in environments that violate your values;
- Have goals, take on hard challenges, be patient, and put in the work, and
- Build and surround yourself with a great team.
Below are some photos that I took at this very special conference: