Friday, June 5, 2015

Why I've Fallen in Love with Sweden

I've been in Gothenburg for 3 weeks now, my tenth trip here as a Visiting Professor at the School of Business, Economics and Law (Handelshogskolan)  at the University of Gothenburg.

I have been immerse in writing a book and also discussing research topics with colleagues and also talking with doctoral students.

Below I have a panoply of photos that show the charm of this city and Sweden.

My colleagues have standing desks (better for one's health):
At the same time, there is a folding seat in the elevators:
The Business School's cafeteria is fabulous but today was the last day of service of the academic year so I had to thank the chef and server.
 The parental leaves are great so there are a lot of hipster Daddies taking care of children:
The public transportation is fabulous and I have 4 choices for commuting to work: walking (a good couple of miles), taking the trolley, taking a bus, or the ferry. Today I took the ferry home and the ride was free! The view was pretty great, too.
Where else do you find color-coordinated blankets on chairs outside cafes in case you need them.
The nature and preservation of it are spectacular.


The high school graduation celebrations are so stylish:

 The fish and treats are delicious:

And were else can you find parts of a Viking ship (the museums are favorite destinations of mine)!