Monday, August 3, 2026

Furious that Google Scholar Removed my Most Highly Cited Work - My Book: Network Economics: A Variational Inequality Approach

I have no idea what is up with Google Scholar lately.

It is infuriating that, this past week, Google Scholar removed my most highly cited publication - my book: Network Economics: A Variational Inequality Approach for my Google Scholar page.

As one can see from the snapshot below, which was taken a while back, my book, which was published in 1993 and then the second edition in 1999, followed by the e-book in 2013 (the latter two by Springer and the first edition by Flower Academic Publishers), my book had almost 3,000 citations.


There is no form one can use to complain but I did, based on info I found online, "add it manually" and it appears towards the bottom of my Google Scholar page with 0 citations.

Frankly, this feels like an assault against a female scholar.

If this is something AI is up to then good luck to all of us.