Saturday, May 17, 2014

Photos from 25th Annual POMS Conference in Atlanta

While I was speaking at a workshop in historical Erice, Sicily, two of my present doctoral students (Sara Saberi and Dong "Michelle" Li) and three of my former ones (Dr. Min Yu, Dr. Amir H. Masoumi, and Dr. Patrick Qiang) , who are now Professors at different colleges and universities, and are Associates of the Supernetwork Center at the Isenberg School that I direct, were speaking at the 25th Annual POMS Conference, which took place last week in Atlanta, Georgia. The majority of our presentations were on various aspects of supply chains from food supply chains and perishability to disaster relief supply chains to supply chain quality competition under information asymmetry.

My doctoral student Dong "Michelle" Li also took part in the doctoral consortium there and very much enjoyed hearing such Operations Management superstars as Professor John Birge and Professor Ann Marucheck share their wisdom with the students.

Michelle took the photos below, which I am disseminating, since colleagues and students always enjoy photos!





We have posted several of  the presentations that the supernetwork team members gave at the POMS conference on the Supernetwork Center website. I have also posted the presentation that I delivered on Sustainable Supply Chains for Sustainable Cities at the Erice Workshop.