Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Back Cover of the Fragile Networks book and the World Science Festival

I decided to share with you the back cover of our book Fragile Networks: Identifying Vulnerabilities and Synergies in an Uncertain World, which has just been made available by our publisher Wiley. We are expecting that the book will be out in time for the World Science Festival in NYC in June. I have begun preparing graphics for my presentation on Traffic at this festival. The list of speakers ranges from Nobel laureates to musicians to movie stars to academic researchers and scholars who are passionate about science. Our UMass Amherst Chancellor, Dr. Robert Holub, asked me the other day at one of the banquets that we are partaking in at the end of the academic year whether I will be also dancing and singing at this festival. Network researchers engage in such activities but not necessarily in public. I will stick to what I know and love best -- and that is networks and transportation!