Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Supply Chain Lecture is Now "Live"


Thanks to my hosts at the Institute for Transportation Studies at the University of California Davis, my lecture on supply chain networks in a global economy with a focus on vulnerabilities and synergies and what can be learned from 50 years of transportation research, which was part of the Spring 2009 series, is now "live" and online. The talk was videotaped at the Isenberg School of Management at UMass Amherst last Friday and broadcast live to the audience at UC Davis. It is now available for viewing online along with the presentation slides. The introduction is a bit lengthy and the technology did not work perfectly but the 90 minute lecture is now more or less intact and available in this format.

Special thanks go out to Susan Milne and Emid LaClaire of the IT staff at the Isenberg School and to Ning Wan at UC Davis for making this video event possible. Also, I acknowledge my UC Davis colleagues and hosts Professor Mokhtarian and Professor Fan. Finally, I thank my doctoral students: Qiang "Patrick" Qiang, Amir Masoumi, and Min Yu for being my "physical" audience at the Isenberg School during the live videostreaming.