Saturday, October 13, 2012

Five Supply Chain Talks by the Supernetwork Team at INFORMS 2012 in Phoenix

One of my doctoral students, Amir H. Masoumi; has already arrived in Phoenix for the INFORMS 2012 Annual Conference. He is taking part in the Future Academicians Colloquium and will also be presenting our pharmaceutical supply chain paper that was co-authored with Min Yu.

Another doctoral student, Dong "Michelle" Li, will be flying to Phoenix today and will be presenting two of our papers, including one on medical nuclear supply chains.

Dr. Zugang "Leo" Liu will be speaking on our paper, which is in press in the Annals of Operations Research, and Dr. Min Yu will be presenting our latest work in the area of humanitarian logistics, which is joint with Dr. Patrick Qiang.

Our presentations at INFORMS 2012 we have now posted on the Virtual Center for Supernetworks website.

Wishing everyone a wonderful INFORMS 2012 Conference!

I won't be in Phoenix (one of only two INFORMS annual conferences that I have missed in many years) because I am on sabbatical now in Gothenburg, Sweden, and next week will be a panelist at the Future Urban Transport conference that is taking place here in Gothenburg.

Although I won't be at INFORMS 2012, I am very pleased that 5 presentations of joint work by our Supernetwork team will be delivered by present and past doctoral students of mine!

The last time that I was in Phoenix was for an INFORMS conference and I was expecting then -- now my daughter is a freshman in college!  At age 3 months she attended her first official INFORMS conference and that was in Boston. She even received a conference name card, which was nice.