Tuesday, November 11, 2014

#INFORMS2014 in San Francisco is Fabulous!

I arrived in San Francisco for the INFORMS conference late on Saturday and, since then, the conference has been a whirlwind of activity. I have enjoyed outstanding plenary talks, the session that I organized ( I am a bit biased), hearing many of our doctoral students in Management Science present, some for the first time at an INFORMS conferences, and attending numerous meetings - many with great food, and award events. It is wonderful to see friends from around the globe, even from New Zealand, Switzerland, and the UK!

While in San Fran, I have also been blogging on the conference blog, which you can access here. You can get a great sense of the dynamism here and the exciting events while reading various posts on the link above.

One of the best parts has been seeing many of my former PhD students and two of my present ones from the Isenberg School of Management here. We always find time to share a pleasant dinner and to reconnect and recharge!

INFORMS is such a special community and yesterday when the students of the UMass Amherst INFORMS Student Chapter (over a dozen of them here) were recognized with the cum laude award with a gorgeous plaque, I was so proud of their work ethic and collegiality.

I will be posting (many) photos after I return to Amherst.