Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Photos from Hawaii -- Part I






I am back from the Social Theory and Social Computing Workshop that took place in Honolulu, Hawaii, May 22-23, 2010. Above I share some scenes of the Waikiki Beach area taken during some spare moments during my all too brief stay in a location that has been called paradise.

As for my flight back from Honolulu to Chicago (on the red-eye Flight 2 on United) it was nowhere as wonderful as my flight over on Flight 1 that I wrote about in an earlier post since my seatmate brought a cat on board and did not notify the airline. The mewing sounded especially painful as we were landing and throughout the flight I was wondering why he kept on coughing, sneezing, and wheezing to such an extent that I spent a lot of time in the back talking with fellow passengers.