Monday, October 8, 2012

In Sweden for the Nobel Prize Announcements

I am now living in Sweden (in Gothenburg) as part of my sabbatical and am enjoying tremendously being a Visiting Professor at the School of Business, Economics and Law at the University of Gothenburg.

This week, the Nobel prizes start getting announced with any minute now the Nobel prize in Medicine being announced and next Monday, the Nobel prize in Economics Sciences.

I am very curious to see whether there will be laureates whom I know!

Last time that I was living in Sweden when such announcements were made, was back in 1996, when I was a Distinguished Guest Professor at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) in Stockholm, Sweden. One of my colleagues there had even shown me the banquet program!

This is a very exciting time to be in Sweden!

The speculation behind who may get the Nobel prizes is also always fascinating!