Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Back in the USA

I made it back from Gothenburg, Sweden via Amsterdam to Boston Logan yesterday evening, after spending 5 weeks in Europe. Already I am missing Swedish coffee and cakes and the people in Sweden!
 
There were several folks from Amherst on my flight from Amsterdam to Boston, including Dr. John Dubach, the UMass Amherst CIO (Chief Information Officer). Plus, in the seats in front of me, there was Dr. Suresh Nair from UConn's School of Business and his wife. He is in the Department of Operations and Information Management.

It is rare that I don't see someone I know on a flight or at an airport.

Having had a chance to take part in Midsummer (summer solstice) activities this past weekend in Sweden was special. And there I ran into Dr. Robin Biddulph of the School of Business, Economics and Law, who has organized our wonderful Visiting Professor Program lunches and get-togethers! Most of the city, otherwise, was eerily quiet.

The clouds parted long enough for the Midsummer  festivities in Schlottskogen, the gorgeous park in Gothenburg, to take place.

The photos below are from the special event.


Happy Summer to all those north of the equator!