Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Beauty of Athens, Greece from the Ancients to the Present

In my previous post I wrote about the Network Models in Economics and Finance Conference that I had the pleasure of giving a plenary talk at last Friday in Athens, Greece and I also posted some conference photos.

I am now back in Gothenburg, Sweden but, thought that I would share with you some of the majesty of the antiquities in Athens. Prior to our flight(s) yesterday we managed to climb up to the Acropolis and the Parthenon.


Coincidentally, last Sunday, one  of my former doctoral students, who is now a very successful financier, welcomed us to a christening and we enjoyed both the rituals as well as the reception that followed very much.
 

Given all the negative comments being written about Greece lately, I thought that I would emphasize its beauty and amazing cultural history through the above photos.